It’s All About Progression
The Waterfront, consisting of 1.42 million square feet of space, is projected to be built over a ten-year period with building construction starting in 2018.
Phase I, the area south of the Tilghman Street bridge, has already begun; the sites for 560 Waterfront Drive, 615 Waterfront Drive and 645 Waterfront Drive have already been cleared to make room for the construction to begin. Phase I will include all site infrastructure, the initial phases of the River Walk, Allen Street Plaza, three commercial office buildings, a residential apartment complex and the first of two main parking structures.
Phase II will include all buildings and land north of the Tilghman Street bridge, which includes three commercial office buildings, two residential apartment complexes and one parking garage. As more details become available The Waterfront’s timeline will continue to update.
For more information regarding phasing and building availability, contact us here.
- 1Q 2012
- The Waterfront Development Company is Established – Mark and Zachary Jaindl announce their development firm, Jaindl Properties, will lead the development of the 26-acre, $425 million mixed-use development along the western banks of the Lehigh River. The seamless integration of office, residential, retail and restaurant will serve as a catalyst for an entirely new district within the state’s third largest city: Allentown, Pennsylvania.
- 3Q 2013
- Project Receives Final Plan Approval – After more than a year of architectural planning and critiquing, the Allentown Planning Commission granted The Waterfront Final Plan Approval. With proper approvals in place, the company moves begin recruiting development teams for a Spring 2014 demolition commencement.
- 2Q 2014
- Site-Wide Demolition Begins – After two years spent preparing plans and recruiting the company’s core design/development team, The Waterfront Development Company formally commences demolition of all dilapidated buildings on site. Both Phase 01 and Phase 02 is scheduled to be cleared of unusable structures as the company prepares for vertical construction.
- 3Q 2015
- Project Infrastructure Installation Commences – With the twenty-six-acre site now clear of all unusable buildings and properly graded, The Waterfront Development begins the installation of underground utilities, streets, curbs and building pads. The project, which includes miles of underground conduit in additional to all sewer modules, is expected to take two years.
- 3Q 2018
- Vertical Construction Begins – With Final Plan Approval in place, the site clear of all unusable structures, and infrastructure in place, The Waterfront Development Company begins vertical construction on the first of its scheduled twelve Class A buildings.
*The above dates are tentative and are subject to change.